It’s 6 AM on a balmy day. Paati is busy making VS Thatha his first frothy cup of coffee. While he savours it to the accompaniment of the newspaper, she prepares a tall flask for the entire household. Her coffee-chicory blend is perfect - strong and flavorful, with no bitter aftertaste. Our mornings are punctuated by frequent doses from this beloved coffee flask. Thatha, especially, keeps coming back to it compulsively - we all loved Paati’s coffee, but none more than Thatha!
Now, we bring you our homebrew in an instant coffee format. Simply add this powder and sugar to a cup of hot milk, and experience the rich flavours of the coffee we grew up relishing.
from our home to yours.
Roasted and ground coffee blended with chicory. Coffee 80%. Chicory 20%.
No added sugar
Per 100g of product, not including values of added milk and sugar
- Energy (kcal): 362
- Protein (g): 14.36
- Carbohydrate (g): 76.12
- Added sugar (g): Nil
- Fat (all types) (g): 0.1
Directions to make :
1. Add coffee powder to the perforated top jar of your coffee filter (fill to about half the height of the jar, for a medium-sized filter).
2. Fill it to the brim with water that is just below boiling temperature, and cover the lid.
3. Wait 10-15 minutes for your decoction to drip down to the bottom jar.
4. Pour fresh decoction into a tumbler, add hot milk and sugar to taste.
5. Froth it up by pouring it back and forth between two tumblers (or a dawara and tumbler).
6. Savour the flavour of authentic South Indian filter coffee!